Since 1868 the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks has been serving their local communities, helping children, and honoring veterans. Chartered in 1950, the Berea Elks have been carrying this tradition forward serving the southwest communities of the greater Cleveland metropolitan area.
To inculcate the principles of Charity, Justice, Brotherly Love, and Fidelity; to recognize a belief in God; to promote the welfare and enhance the happiness of its Members; to quicken the spirit of American patriotism; to cultivate good fellowship; to perpetuate itself as a fraternal organization, and to provide for its government, the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks of the United States of America will serve the people and communities through benevolent programs demonstrating the Elks Care and Elks Share.
What We've Achieved
- The Order spends over $80,000,000 annually on benevolent programs.
- We provide over 750 scholarships to students across the country each year.
- Elks members donate over 47,000 hours of community service time annually.
- Award over $5.8 million in community investment program grants each year.
- 50,000 Elk members volunteer in veteran hospitals annually.
- Over 3 million kids participate in the Elks National Hoop Shoot contest every year.
- Elks help educate over 7 million kids about the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse each year.